Author Topic: Get Home Bag  (Read 5921 times)

Offline WRAI475

• Licensed Amateur Radio Operator
Re: Get Home Bag
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2014, 10:56:54 am »
Dave they are called Molle Waist Bags

http://www.amazon.com/Molle-Utility-Hunting-Waist-Pouch/dp/B00EE4O0N6/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1390492387&sr=8-10&keywords=molle+waist+pack

The pouches on the sides are perfect for your average HT if you take the antenna off.  It can be worn on the waist or shoulder and has a carry handle.  There are a bunch out there at varying prices.  The water I use is the 4 oz purified in the pouch.  The pouch won't go bad in the car due to heat or cold like bottled water will.  I think I pay like $12 for a case of 24. 

Offline Dave

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2014, 06:30:58 pm »

http://www.amazon.com/Molle-Utility-Hunting-Waist-Pouch/dp/B00EE4O0N6/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1390492387&sr=8-10&keywords=molle+waist+pack

The pouches on the sides are perfect for your average HT if you take the antenna off.  It can be worn on the waist or shoulder and has a carry handle.  There are a bunch out there at varying prices.  The water I use is the 4 oz purified in the pouch.  The pouch won't go bad in the car due to heat or cold like bottled water will.  I think I pay like $12 for a case of 24.

I cant find beer pouches :(

I was looking at Molle bags but didnt see one exactly like yours.  The price is reasonable to.

Offline WRAI475

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2014, 07:40:29 pm »

I cant find beer pouches :(

I was looking at Molle bags but didnt see one exactly like yours.  The price is reasonable to.

Dave, if you look around they can be had for cheaper, the link was just a that, a link.   I think I payed around $12 each for mine, I keep one in my wifes car as well.  I am going to be looking because I now have to set up my daughters car as she just go her license.  You are correct, they do not sell beer in pouches that I have found. But they do sell good liquor in those little bottles at the store, LOL  The bag should have room for a few of those. 

Offline Kevin WQRE722

• Technical Committee
  • Owner
  • Skywarn Spotter
  • CERT Member
  • ARES Operator
  • Net Control Operator
  • The Radio Guy.
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2014, 08:55:52 pm »
I love those little bottles.
Kevin,

KD2BAH
WQRE722
Radio goto Guy
Master Electricain
Nassau County cert

Offline Dave

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2014, 09:47:01 pm »
I say we open a SHTF Microbrewery and put it in pouches :)

Back on topic I find that HT batteries lose their charge to quickly in temperature extremes.  I want to see if the Wouxun HT charger base will fit in the center storage area where there is a 12 V outlet.  This way whenever the car is on it will charge.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 09:50:24 pm by Digger (Dave) »

Offline Kevin WQRE722

• Technical Committee
  • Owner
  • Skywarn Spotter
  • CERT Member
  • ARES Operator
  • Net Control Operator
  • The Radio Guy.
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2014, 11:32:46 pm »
now that is a good ides. then you would not have to worry about constantly changing the battery, or rotating it around
Kevin,

KD2BAH
WQRE722
Radio goto Guy
Master Electricain
Nassau County cert

Offline gdavis316

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2014, 05:32:09 am »
Has anyone ever thought of an emp?  Do you keep you electronics in your ghb protected?  Just a thought.
Glenn
GMRS-WQRL495
HAM-N3DNR
Animis Opibusque Parati", meaning Prepared in Mind And Resources.

Offline Joey 810

• Skywarn Spotter
    • Joeteck's PC Services
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2014, 11:00:58 am »
Take a look at this video.. EMP bags or Static bags do not work...

A better Faraday cage!

Introduction to EMP and Faraday Cages
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 11:49:24 am by Joey WQSY810 »

*CLICK THE W2LIE LINK TO ACCESS OUR LIVE FEED*
Long Island Scanner Feeds (www.w2lie.net)