Author Topic: Subscriptions  (Read 3443 times)

Offline T.j.

• K2LIE / WRCF495
  • Owner
  • Skywarn Spotter
  • CERT Member
  • Licensed Amateur Radio Operator
  • RACES Operator
  • ARES Operator
    • Bridgecomm
Re: Subscriptions
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2014, 09:41:56 am »
I March (date not yet confirmed) my sons Boy Scout Troop is doing a Pancake Breakfast fundraiser.  We plan on selling advertising on the placemats.  With SHTFLI permission I can make a donation (my pocket) to the scouts and use the artwork from the card on the placemats. A two for one deal basically helping two organizations with one donation.  Last year they served three or four hundred people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If that's something that you would like to do that's great. Let me know anything I can do to help you with that if need be.
"Jack of all trades, master of none"

Offline Dave

Subscriptions
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2014, 09:57:56 am »
Just need a copy of the card or whatever artwork you would want the size of a business card.  Not a rush there is time as we havent started selling the advertising space yet. Probably go to the printer in early to mid February. 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline wqup621

• BridgeComm Subscriber
  • Skywarn Spotter
  • CERT Member
  • ARES Operator
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2015, 04:43:31 pm »
Don't over price yourself. Most Ham Radio clubs only cost $35 a year. If you keep the price low you will get a lot of donations. If you raise it too high you will lose a lot of members. If you lower the price too much you will run out of money. Try to get some grant money or corporate donations for the most expensive parts then set the dues to cover the operating costs. Is SHTFLI a 501C ?
I know the process since I have setup several Not-For-Profits.

Glenn
WB2QDS
WQUP621 
Glenn J. Kearney,
WB2QDS
WQUP621

Offline Greg9111

• Admin
  • Global Moderator
  • BridgeComm Subscriber
  • Forum Moderator
  • Administrative Admin
  • ARES Operator
  • Net Control Operator
  • Admin
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2015, 07:41:23 am »
I have heard nothing about raising subscription fee's. Its been unchanged since I joined in 2013. Personally, I'm OK with the present cost. Even though I have nothing to compare it, it seems fair to me.
As far as Grants, having a good grant money guy is invaluable in any organization. Glenn, If you have skills in this area I would urge you to contact the owners in a more direct one on one way. I would start with a PM.
Just my take on it........
"See you on the Radio"

*CLICK THE W2LIE LINK TO ACCESS OUR LIVE FEED*
Long Island Scanner Feeds (www.w2lie.net)