Author Topic: Subscriptions  (Read 3444 times)

Offline Ron WQTP202

• WRBD815
Subscriptions
« on: December 21, 2014, 11:16:48 am »
Good morning gentlemen the question I have for all the ad mans is that considering we're going to are going to put up a second Siam I do see that you have a donation link for the second repeater for backup equipment just a suggestion but I think it would be wise if you were to bump up your subscription rate for once a year but I mean you're only paying $50 for one year on the for one repeater that you are up to subscription another $50 that way you make up your revenueto secure your secondary equipment for the saw the repeater it would make sense to do it this way or even do it just another $25 instead of 50 make it 75 or a mother thing would be to make it 100 where that hundred dollars for a person observe driver for two repeaters plus you have an ad in boat is that a no family members can use it at the same time if this is it is if this isif this is something that you guys think might work I'd be willing to to definitely update on I think it would be definitely beneficial between both Eastern and Western repeaters if somebody wants to PM me to ask me anymore questions about it or give me a little more info that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you ad mans I appreciate all the work you guys have done and look forward tolook forward to working with all of you. Tool advance and subscribers Merry Christmas and a happy new year!

Ronald W Weldon  Jr

Offline Tommy WQRC499

• BridgeComm Subscriber
  • Skywarn Spotter
  • CERT Member
  • Licensed Amateur Radio Operator
  • ARES Operator
Re: Subscriptions
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2014, 03:18:51 pm »
holy confusion...:-/ can you maybe explain what that says? i think it says that you think it would be a good idea for us to raise subscription rates.
Ham: K2LGR
Gmrs: WQRC499

Thanks for being a part of BTG

NIMS 100, 200, 700, 800, Hazmat, CPR, BLS, NYS Certified Emergency Vehicle Operator, Hurst Tool/Vehicle extrication Certified, NYS Reporting Certified, NYS FireFighter I, NYS EMT-B.

Offline Kevin WQRE722

• Technical Committee
  • Owner
  • Skywarn Spotter
  • CERT Member
  • ARES Operator
  • Net Control Operator
  • The Radio Guy.
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2014, 04:21:59 pm »
Yeah I'm with tommy on this one. Ron you may have.to retype this one. I am super confussed
Kevin,

KD2BAH
WQRE722
Radio goto Guy
Master Electricain
Nassau County cert

Offline Dave

Subscriptions
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2014, 04:54:23 pm »
The way I read it (not speaking for Ron) is that he notes the increased costs of maintaining two repeaters will require more revenue from subscriptions.  I can't disagree with his observation if that is what he meant. 

My opinion on that is maybe a wait and see approach. Hopefully the second repeater would bring in new members and become self sufficient within the new year. If not then maybe an adjustment would be necessary.

Just my opinion and maybe I misread his intent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Ron WQTP202

• WRBD815
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2014, 05:41:33 pm »
Sorry Admins. Was using Siri and didn't come out like I wanted. I was saying do to a second repeater going up it might be in the best intrest in SHTFLI to raise the Subscriber rate to $75 dollars or $100 a year for entire family to cove maintance and secondary equipment to back up primary equipment. If there's anything I can do to help please let me know.Thank you Admins. I appreciate all the work you guys have done and look forward to working with all of you. I also would like to wish you all a Merry Christmas and a happy new year!
[/quote]
Ronald W Weldon  Jr

Offline T.j.

• K2LIE / WRCF495
  • Owner
  • Skywarn Spotter
  • CERT Member
  • RACES Operator
  • ARES Operator
    • Bridgecomm
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2014, 05:55:30 pm »
As I have previously stated in another post. We are trying to keep costs down for the end users such as yourself ron. Like the dot said, we will wait and see what the new coverage brings. Subscription fee's will rise if need be but that is the last resort. One way to keep costs down is to get the word out and get others involved. Remember at one point in time you needed that push to get involved.  Do the same for others and help them get involved.  It goes a long way.
"Jack of all trades, master of none"

Offline Ron WQTP202

• WRBD815
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2014, 06:51:16 pm »
In trying to push as much as I can, but it would be beneficial if you guys had some type of push cards made to hand out! Might make it a little easier.
Ronald W Weldon  Jr

Offline Admin

• Owner
  • Admin is one or all of the Owners
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2014, 06:57:53 pm »
In trying to push as much as I can, but it would be beneficial if you guys had some type of push cards made to hand out! Might make it a little easier.

I like the idea Ron, maybe something like a business card that subscribers can hand out if so willing or wanting to? Let me work on something and I'll send something your way.

Offline ipfd320

• Skywarn Spotter
  • ARES Operator
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2014, 07:45:07 pm »
These are the Membership  Costs as Stated in the Become a Subscriber Forum:

There are two options for subscription. Single and Family. Subscriptions are  $50.00  for Single user or $100.00 for a Family Subscription and are due annually.

Your Quote:
I was saying do to a second repeater going up it might be in the best intrest in SHTFLI to raise the Subscriber rate to $75 dollars or $100 a year for entire family

We Are Already Getting 100 Dollars for the Family Usage--My Opinion is if we Keep Raising Rates we Will Definately Lose Members and the way things are Tight For People Right Now its gonna be Real Hard to Stay on Board

When I Came on the Site as a Paid Member (some time in July 2014) I Scraped Up the Cash to Be Part of this Radio Family and that was 50 Bucks I Took from Other Planned Usage--Best 50 I Have Spent so Far

I Came into a Bit of X-Tra Money and Hearing of the 2nd Machine Donations and the Constant questions from People when its Going OnLine so I Went Above and Beyond by Donating 1000.00 Dollars to the Club to Get it in Operation and it will be Soon

I can Keep Going On & On with this but that will be for Other Posts..LOL

Like i Said This is Only My Opinion on the Rate Raise

(tony, I edited this post. word i changed in red) Tommy 499
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 08:30:46 pm by Tommy WQRC499 »
GMRS--Wqtk-711
Ham Radio--N2ATP / AE
Martin County Skywarn Advanced
Martin County Ares/Races
Cpr-First Aid-Aed
FEMA/ICS-1/2/7/800-951 Radio Inter-Op Certified
Former Firefighter (Broad Channel / Island Park)

Offline Ron WQTP202

• WRBD815
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2014, 07:56:27 pm »
I understand tony I am greatful for you genorious donation I'm just thinking of future. We as a hole need to come up with something to push on other people to get our point across to donate or become full members. Push cards like "Oath Keepers" would be beneficial if we can do, even if it's in small doeses I believe every little bite will help. I will bring this up tonight on the net.
Ronald W Weldon  Jr

Offline Dave

Subscriptions
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2014, 08:20:01 pm »
I would guess about 100 subscribers would be a nice round number to maintain the two repeater sites.  Cover rent and equipment repairs etc.

I think that an effort to bring back former members would be something to try as well as new members.

Offline Joey 810

• Skywarn Spotter
    • Joeteck's PC Services
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2014, 01:04:41 am »

We Are Already Getting 100 Dollars for the Family Usage--My Opinion is if we Keep Raising Rates we Will Definately Lose Members and the way things are Tight For People Right Now its gonna be Real Hard to Stay on Board

I agree with you Tony on this one.. If you increase it to $100 most people would leave.

Offline T.j.

• K2LIE / WRCF495
  • Owner
  • Skywarn Spotter
  • CERT Member
  • RACES Operator
  • ARES Operator
    • Bridgecomm
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2014, 07:44:44 pm »
Ron in regards to those cards, I have started working on them and will let you know when ordered. Once I receive them anyone wishing to get some to hand out just send a request to info@shtfli.com
"Jack of all trades, master of none"

Offline Ron WQTP202

• WRBD815
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2014, 07:31:12 am »
Tks TJ let me know! Will deff do my part to help get people aware that we are out there!
Ronald W Weldon  Jr

Offline Dave

Subscriptions
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2014, 09:30:03 am »
I March (date not yet confirmed) my sons Boy Scout Troop is doing a Pancake Breakfast fundraiser.  We plan on selling advertising on the placemats.  With SHTFLI permission I can make a donation (my pocket) to the scouts and use the artwork from the card on the placemats. A two for one deal basically helping two organizations with one donation.  Last year they served three or four hundred people.

*CLICK THE W2LIE LINK TO ACCESS OUR LIVE FEED*
Long Island Scanner Feeds (www.w2lie.net)