Author Topic: I vote to remove Karma or at least the negative part of it..  (Read 5074 times)

Offline ipfd320

• Skywarn Spotter
  • Licensed Amateur Radio Operator
  • ARES Operator
Re: I vote to remove Karma or at least the negative part of it..
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2014, 10:09:47 pm »
This Went a Bit off Topic--Dot--an E-Mail Went Out not Long Ago about the Situation with the Joker--Just in Case U didn,t Get 1
GMRS--Wqtk-711
Ham Radio--N2ATP / AE
Martin County Skywarn Advanced
Martin County Ares/Races
Cpr-First Aid-Aed
FEMA/ICS-1/2/7/800-951 Radio Inter-Op Certified
Former Firefighter (Broad Channel / Island Park)

Offline Dave

I vote to remove Karma or at least the negative part of it..
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2014, 10:14:23 pm »
This Went a Bit off Topic--Dot--an E-Mail Went Out not Long Ago about the Situation with the Joker--Just in Case U didn,t Get 1

I apologize fir hijacking your thread. I will try and delete my inappropiate posts if taoatalk will let me.  Feel free to give me negative karma lol

Edit:

Ok deleted the best I could.  I dont get emails from SHTFLI in many months. I am on a different list :).  I really dont care like i said earlier in a post i had to delete.

People monitor my time on the forum and send me messages "what are you doing all the time signed in the forum". Well i paid for a year why cant i?  Thus the "." To make it harder for them to see me at the bottom of the screen.  If they are going to bother me at least i can make it more of an effort. If your not in the inner circle your an outsider.  A lot of people learned that long ago and left.

Back on topic I support your request to remove karma and replace it with something more positive.  Not that i am an insider and anyone will care.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 10:32:14 pm by . »

Offline T.j.

• K2LIE / WRCF495
  • Owner
  • Skywarn Spotter
  • CERT Member
  • RACES Operator
  • ARES Operator
    • Bridgecomm
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2014, 10:47:21 pm »
As I stated. This request is under review. Let's stay on topic here. This is about karma not who gets what emails and who has this name for this reason. Any future comments should be related to topic. If need be start a new one.

Thank you.
"Jack of all trades, master of none"

Offline ipfd320

• Skywarn Spotter
  • ARES Operator
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2014, 09:59:11 am »
10-4 T.J.  also Dot i left you a pm
GMRS--Wqtk-711
Ham Radio--N2ATP / AE
Martin County Ares/Races
Cpr-First Aid-Aed

Offline Joey 810

• Skywarn Spotter
    • Joeteck's PC Services
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2014, 04:49:03 pm »
This is an old one.. I have -5 and felt your pain.. it means nothing...

Offline ipfd320

• Skywarn Spotter
  • ARES Operator
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2014, 05:04:49 pm »
Sry Joey  to me it Does--I Can make this a long drawn out reply but tj said he will handle this  so im leaving it at that for now
GMRS--Wqtk-711
Ham Radio--N2ATP / AE
Martin County Ares/Races
Cpr-First Aid-Aed

Offline Joey 810

• Skywarn Spotter
    • Joeteck's PC Services
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2014, 05:17:28 pm »
Yes we will discuss it at our next meeting..

Offline Dave

« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2014, 08:07:16 pm »
10-4 T.J.  also Dot i left you a pm

I left you a PM back.  Good luck!

Offline Greg9111

• Admin
  • Global Moderator
  • BridgeComm Subscriber
  • Forum Moderator
  • Administrative Admin
  • ARES Operator
  • Net Control Operator
  • Admin
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2014, 05:03:05 pm »
I've been waiting to weigh in on this;
Seriously, is this that you are all worried about, Karma +or -!!!! Who cares, what's the big deal. If this is the major concern with this forum then you have other issues. Since I have joined I can't remember a karma related issue. I think Kevin said it best and drives my point home.

Please for the love of God move on and forget about this ridiculous subject!!!!!!!!!

PS: please give me negative karma so I can not get bent up about it and not take it personally!!!!

PSS: Allen, congrats on your 100 post and becoming a Full Forum Member!!!!- you are a very cool guy
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 05:17:58 pm by Greg KAF9111 »
"See you on the Radio"

Offline T.j.

• K2LIE / WRCF495
  • Owner
  • Skywarn Spotter
  • CERT Member
  • RACES Operator
  • ARES Operator
    • Bridgecomm
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2014, 05:40:43 pm »
Seriously, is this that you are all worried about, Karma +or -!!!! Who cares, what's the big deal. If this is the major concern with this forum then you have other issues. Since I have joined I can't remember a karma related issue. I think Kevin said it best and drives my point home.

Please for the love of God move on and forget about this ridiculous subject!!!!!!!!!

PS: please give me negative karma so I can not get bent up about it and not take it personally!!!!

PSS: Allen, congrats on your 100 post and becoming a Full Forum Member!!!!- you are a very cool guy

In the interests of staying positive and keeping with a comfortable forum feel we have removed karma. Now if you don't like what someone has to say please tell them instead of reflecting it via a mouse click. Greg in the interest of good humor I did leave you one negative before I disabled it :-)

Offline Dave

« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2014, 05:50:54 pm »

In the interests of staying positive and keeping with a comfortable forum feel we have removed karma. Now if you don't like what someone has to say please tell them instead of reflecting it via a mouse click. Greg in the interest of good humor I did leave you one negative before I disabled it :-)

Can you add a "like" button to posts so positivity (ok its not a real word but who cares you cant have negative karma anymore so its safe lol) can be expressed?

Offline T.j.

• K2LIE / WRCF495
  • Owner
  • Skywarn Spotter
  • CERT Member
  • RACES Operator
  • ARES Operator
    • Bridgecomm
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2014, 06:11:19 pm »

Can you add a "like" button to posts so positivity (ok its not a real word but who cares you cant have negative karma anymore so its safe lol) can be expressed?

. I'll see what I can come up with

Offline allen WQTD895

• WQTD895
  • BridgeComm Subscriber
  • Skywarn Spotter
  • CERT Member
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2014, 07:18:39 pm »
WHO CARES, much to do about NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Dave

I vote to remove Karma or at least the negative part of it..
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2014, 07:44:04 pm »

WHO CARES, much to do about NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the Owners did the right thing.  Since SHFTLI is set up as a business they needed to react to this. Its similar to someone saying to a coworker that they have big feet or ears.  If it bothers that person and they inform the person of such there is an obligation to cease that comment. If not the company has to step in and take action up to and including termination. By having a system of negative karma it opens up issues similar to that if it can be interpreted as harassment. Interpetation comes from someones perception which varies from person to person.

Its best not to have the forum facilitate such activity so it never gets to that point. 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Greg9111

• Admin
  • Global Moderator
  • BridgeComm Subscriber
  • Forum Moderator
  • Administrative Admin
  • ARES Operator
  • Net Control Operator
  • Admin
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2014, 07:59:28 pm »
Even though I really didn't feel strongly about the subject, I applaud the owners for listening and making a decision.
"See you on the Radio"

*CLICK THE W2LIE LINK TO ACCESS OUR LIVE FEED*
Long Island Scanner Feeds (www.w2lie.net)