Author Topic: Check out the progress!!  (Read 6748 times)

Offline CuznJames

Check out the progress!!
« on: February 22, 2014, 08:56:56 pm »
Good evening SHTFLI members. Here are pictures from today's progress with the DRV Van...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cuzn James

WQRE837

"Tomorrow Is Promised To No One"

"Keep Your Head Up And Always Stay Positive"

Offline T.j.

• K2LIE / WRCF495
  • Owner
  • Skywarn Spotter
  • CERT Member
  • Licensed Amateur Radio Operator
  • RACES Operator
  • ARES Operator
    • Bridgecomm
Re: Check out the progress!!
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2014, 09:18:17 pm »
Interior pictures coming soon
"Jack of all trades, master of none"

Offline NY355

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2014, 09:55:49 pm »
Looks great guys. 

Offline Frank277

• BridgeComm Subscriber
Check out the progress!!
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2014, 10:12:47 pm »
Great job guys.

Offline vinnyg16

• FAMILY SUBSCRIBER
Check out the progress!!
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2014, 10:35:22 pm »
Very cool. Great job

Offline Dave

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2014, 11:00:54 am »
Is there any thought to marking the DRV that it is the result of donations and list the major donors?  Also give them credit on websites and facebook pages etc so that we support them for supporting us?  Obviously it would not be huge markings (dont want it to look cluttered) but maybe on one of the exterior access doors for equipment storage etc. 

I know I see the mention on the forum but something more out there and visible might help so that they and others can continue to support us.

Offline Tommy WQRC499

• BridgeComm Subscriber
  • Skywarn Spotter
  • CERT Member
  • ARES Operator
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2014, 11:37:56 am »
Is there any thought to marking the DRV that it is the result of donations and list the major donors?  Also give them credit on websites and facebook pages etc so that we support them for supporting us?  Obviously it would not be huge markings (dont want it to look cluttered) but maybe on one of the exterior access doors for equipment storage etc. 

I know I see the mention on the forum but something more out there and visible might help so that they and others can continue to support us.

Yes Dave, That is Part of the Plan :-)
Ham: K2LGR
Gmrs: WQRC499

Thanks for being a part of BTG

NIMS 100, 200, 700, 800, Hazmat, CPR, BLS, NYS Certified Emergency Vehicle Operator, Hurst Tool/Vehicle extrication Certified, NYS Reporting Certified, NYS FireFighter I, NYS EMT-B.

Offline allen WQTD895

• WQTD895
  • BridgeComm Subscriber
  • Skywarn Spotter
  • CERT Member
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2014, 12:37:44 pm »
great job!!!  Do you need help?  I can put some time in if needed.

Offline T.j.

• K2LIE / WRCF495
  • Owner
  • Skywarn Spotter
  • CERT Member
  • RACES Operator
  • ARES Operator
    • Bridgecomm
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2014, 03:47:11 pm »
Allen, appreciate it. Lettering handled as well as lighting. Radio equipment still in progress but almost there. HF and Scanner mounting still in the works. Still looking for supplies and equipment for unit and then I'm sure we are going to have another install day. If there's anything you can think of that might benefit the DRV please shoot us a message or idea and we will run with it. This is only possible because of people like yourself and the rest of the subscribers that choose to help and be a part of it.
"Jack of all trades, master of none"

Offline allen WQTD895

• WQTD895
  • BridgeComm Subscriber
  • Skywarn Spotter
  • CERT Member
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2014, 03:56:45 pm »
T.J. do have a list of equipment and supplies you need? If so pm me with the list and I will see what I can do.

Offline Joey 810

• Skywarn Spotter
    • Joeteck's PC Services
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2014, 06:28:13 pm »
Holy crap! That looks freakin awesome... Sorry for holding back my feelings there...  TJ, I noticed the LED lighting inside the bus... very niiice...

Offline Dave

Re: Check out the progress!! DRV2
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2014, 10:57:47 pm »
DRV2 from Govt Surplus................

Offline Tommy WQRC499

• BridgeComm Subscriber
  • Skywarn Spotter
  • CERT Member
  • ARES Operator
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2014, 06:35:13 am »

Dave, get on that!!! make it happen!!! You seem to know a lot about this type of stuff so i guess it would help our efforts. IMHO, i dont think a drone would be very practical though. I dont have half the experience as some of you guys do but in my experiences i never felt that a drone would have helped my efforts what ever they may be.. actually, i stand corrected, when i was a child i lost a frisbee on my neighbors roof, a drone would have been great in my recovery efforts. It was hard to know the frisbees exact location on that huge roof...
Ham: K2LGR
Gmrs: WQRC499

Thanks for being a part of BTG

NIMS 100, 200, 700, 800, Hazmat, CPR, BLS, NYS Certified Emergency Vehicle Operator, Hurst Tool/Vehicle extrication Certified, NYS Reporting Certified, NYS FireFighter I, NYS EMT-B.

Offline WRAI475

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2014, 07:21:53 am »
Here are a few of my ideas.   Please note that these are purely meant for amusement!  Do not read anything into them.   Just a funny mental picture from my youth!

Offline Dave

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2014, 07:32:58 am »

Dave, get on that!!! make it happen!!! You seem to know a lot about this type of stuff so i guess it would help our efforts. IMHO, i dont think a drone would be very practical though. I dont have half the experience as some of you guys do but in my experiences i never felt that a drone would have helped my efforts what ever they may be.. actually, i stand corrected, when i was a child i lost a frisbee on my neighbors roof, a drone would have been great in my recovery efforts. It was hard to know the frisbees exact location on that huge roof...

It was a joke!!!!!!   Would be cool toy though :)  And to be honest you may see local PD playing with them in the not to far future.  When they get tired of red light cams for revenue generation :)

*CLICK THE W2LIE LINK TO ACCESS OUR LIVE FEED*
Long Island Scanner Feeds (www.w2lie.net)