Author Topic: Survive the Storm - Online Training Course  (Read 1111 times)

Offline w2lie

• BridgeComm Subscriber
  • Skywarn Spotter
  • BridgeComm Subscriber
  • CERT Member
  • Licensed Amateur Radio Operator
  • ARES Operator
    • Monitor Long Island, Inc.
Survive the Storm - Online Training Course
« on: March 27, 2019, 11:59:33 pm »
Hi fellow BTG Members.
I recently interviewed Chris Gilmour on my podcast, Scanner School.   He has a new online training course that launched this week for a limited time.

I think is going to be of interest to most of the BTG members.

You can skip the explanation and just watch the video about this new project HERE]https://www.scannerschool.com/sts]HERE

Or keep reading for a little bit of the background story. 

I don’t know about you, but the impacts of climate change and some of these crazy weather events we have been continuously hearing about in the news… they are starting to feel a little too close for comfort.

I personally know several people that have had their lives changed forever in the past few years from natural disasters.

I have been chatting with Survival and Disaster Preparedness Professional Chris Gilmour from Changing World, and he was sharing some of the top challenges that hold many people back from being as prepared and proactive as they know they should be.

Can you relate to any of these statements?

“There is just not enough time to make it a priority, even though I know it should be. The bills are due every month, but a disaster may or may not come anytime soon.”
“I’m kind of ready, as long as it’s not too bad a scenario.”
“It is overwhelming to know where to start & I don’t like thinking about disasters.”
“Most of the people around me don’t seem concerned, so it’s easy to ignore this reality. And I don’t want to come across as the paranoid one.”

In creating this new opportunity, he took all of these common challenges to heart.

He wanted to create something that,

Was realistic (but not paranoid) about where our world, weather, and climate are at.
Addressed some of the changing risks we ALL face now and over the next few years.
Helped a lot of people avoid paying the consequences of being complacent.

Whatever he created must be:

Fun and entertaining. Something you actually look forward to doing.
Something that was accessible, affordable, and easily fits into a busy life.
Something that gets the results quickly.
Able to build REAL peace of mind, resiliency and confidence for people and families.

So that leads me to the BIG ANNOUNCEMENT... Drum roll … ;)

Chris, in partnership with a professional media company, eCourse Adventures, and has produced a 7-day training experience called, “SURVIVE THE STORMS” that you can do from home, while still going about your normal busy day.

You COULD call this an eCourse, but it’s not what your likely thinking. It is NOT some boring talking head videos telling you how to prepare.

It is more like a real-life game, where you are the character, developing real-life skills to protect yourself and family in the real world and changing climate.

I don’t think there is anything else like it on the internet.

At the end of it, you can sleep better knowing you are not one of the complacent ones crossing your fingers; it never happens to you.

The best way for you to understand it is to just go Watch the Video Trailer.

I’m so excited about this training and believe it is very timely. That is why I have become an official partner for Survive the Storms. I really believe in this offering.

Since this is the premier launch, Chris is offering it at one time only price of $39 USD.

After Thursday it will be going up in price.

Also, registration is only open for the next several days. Then Chris is shutting it down so he can focus his attention on helping the first group of students and families Survive the Storm.

Are you ready to take your and your families safety and preparedness to the next level?

Here is the link one last time to check out the trailer or to purchase the course 

I'll see you in class!

Phil - W2LIE (The real LIE) - WQXJ920 

P.S. Chris has been working on this for 2 years and I am SO excited to finally see it out in the world. If you know anyone else who would benefit from these potentially life saving skills, please help us spread the word.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 09:41:48 am by w2lie »

73 de W2LIE
Ex Net Manager - Nassau VHF Traffic Net
Ex Public Information Officer - Nassau ARES
Ex Deputy Chief Radio Officer - Nassau RACES
NC2EC D-Star Gateway Administrator
Trained Skywarn Spotter
Scanner Radio Nerd
Website: MonitorLongIsland.com | w2lie.net | LongIslandFirePhotos.com

Offline w2lie

• BridgeComm Subscriber
  • Skywarn Spotter
  • BridgeComm Subscriber
  • CERT Member
  • Licensed Amateur Radio Operator
  • ARES Operator
    • Monitor Long Island, Inc.
Re: Survive the Storm - Online Training Course
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2019, 09:48:45 am »
Chris adjusted the pricing on this course.  Unti April 7th, the course price was reduced to $39.   Well worth it for a course with this much information.

Again - the link to get the course is www.scannerschool.com/sts
73 de W2LIE
Ex Net Manager - Nassau VHF Traffic Net
Ex Public Information Officer - Nassau ARES
Ex Deputy Chief Radio Officer - Nassau RACES
NC2EC D-Star Gateway Administrator
Trained Skywarn Spotter
Scanner Radio Nerd
Website: MonitorLongIsland.com | w2lie.net | LongIslandFirePhotos.com

*CLICK THE W2LIE LINK TO ACCESS OUR LIVE FEED*
Long Island Scanner Feeds (www.w2lie.net)