Author Topic: Vehicle Radio Installations. Any one an installer?  (Read 1474 times)

Offline punisher1336

• BridgeComm Subscriber
  • Aim Small, Miss Small
Vehicle Radio Installations. Any one an installer?
« on: May 16, 2021, 10:45:15 pm »
I would love to have my Yaesu properly installed with an antenna in my next truck. I wish there was a Best Buy style business for HAM radios.  Does anyone have the ability and desire to do an installation in a vehicle. I am willing to compensate for the work. Would do it myself but I'm technically challenged and would prefer it was done by someone who could do it right the first time.

Offline Greg9111

• Admin
  • Global Moderator
  • BridgeComm Subscriber
  • Forum Moderator
  • Administrative Admin
  • Licensed Amateur Radio Operator
  • ARES Operator
  • Net Control Operator
  • Admin
Re: Vehicle Radio Installations. Any one an installer?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2021, 03:02:20 pm »
did you get the new truck yet? Do you have the antenna and mount?
"See you on the Radio"

Offline punisher1336

• BridgeComm Subscriber
  • Aim Small, Miss Small
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2021, 07:20:45 pm »
I have about a year left on my lease, but intend to purchase the next truck. I have searched the internet for the last couple years looking for a business that  does this type of installation for private individuals but no luck. I have the radio but not the antenna since I am looking for professional guidance.  I know this is more of a DIY project but I'm sort of a perfectionist and want it done right when the time comes. Thanks for your help, you've set me up with programing and motorola 7500s in the past.

Offline Phreak480

• BridgeComm Subscriber
  • Licensed Amateur Radio Operator
  • RACES Operator
  • ARES Operator
    • Phreak480.com
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2022, 05:08:38 pm »
I know this is an old topic, but a local 2-way radio dealer may be willing to do the install. 

If you are going to do a permanent nmo mount through the roof they can definitely do that part.  If they don't want to be involved in the rest of the install have them do that (they are experts at it) and have a local car audio shop run your power wires to where you want them and then the rest is easy.

What yaesu specifically, and what truck?

There are also antenna mount options for most trucks that don't involve a hole in the roof, such as fender mounts.
HAM: K2ZMB
GMRS: WQWM880

Offline WROB500

• FAMILY SUBSCRIBER
  • Net Control Operator
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2022, 08:25:48 am »
Phreak480
I can help. My background is mobile electronics installations. I do not install much car stereo anymore. When I first started my career, 30 years ago, I installed many CB radios and in the 2000's drilled many NMO mounted antennas for cellular phones in vehicles from cars and pickups to big rigs. Where are you located ? I would just come to you to do the installation.
WROB500 Rich

*CLICK THE W2LIE LINK TO ACCESS OUR LIVE FEED*
Long Island Scanner Feeds (www.w2lie.net)