Author Topic: Hello from Long Island...  (Read 591 times)

Offline BloodyHell

Hello from Long Island...
« on: April 26, 2021, 04:49:49 am »
I say from Long Island, as I have two homes, Nassau and Suffolk. 

Purchased my GMRS license the first week of April and plan on taking the Tech and General exams soon.  I plan on building my own Repeater system, probably in Suffolk first and depending on the interaction with fellow LI'ers, I will build one in Nassau. 

Though, I am already on one repeater in Nassau, I have contacted other repeater owners throughout Long Island, but no one answers back.  Thus the reason why I will create my own.  Any hoot, thank you Administrators for approving me.  Looking forward to learning all I can about GMRS. 

Bill
WMRE680

Offline Greg9111

• Admin
  • Global Moderator
  • BridgeComm Subscriber
  • Forum Moderator
  • Administrative Admin
  • Licensed Amateur Radio Operator
  • ARES Operator
  • Net Control Operator
  • Admin
Re: Hello from Long Island...
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2021, 10:15:59 am »
Hi Bill, thanks for signing up on the Forum. Sorry to hear no one responds back to you. Not sure if you were talking about our Repeaters though. The Airways have been very quiet during Covid. The main reason is people are just not in their vehicles as much. So many like myself are still working from home and since the majority of our subscribers have Mobiles, it translates to quiet airwaves. You cant beat our repeaters. We are on two commercial towers with over 300' of total elevation covering most of Long Island. You just cant that kind of service from a home repeater at our subscription fee. Think about it :)

Greg
"See you on the Radio"

*CLICK THE W2LIE LINK TO ACCESS OUR LIVE FEED*
Long Island Scanner Feeds (www.w2lie.net)