Author Topic: Welcome to HamUniverse.com Website  (Read 442 times)

Offline ipfd320

• Skywarn Spotter
  • Licensed Amateur Radio Operator
  • ARES Operator
Welcome to HamUniverse.com Website
« on: March 16, 2019, 06:29:03 pm »

http://www.hamuniverse.com/sitemap.html

====================================================================================

Welcome to Ham Universe This Site is Packed with All Sorts Of Information from Antenna Design to Everything Else

Here is a Tid Bit About Them

In October of 2000, after having about 12 years of fun with ham radio as a Technician Plus and enjoying every minute of it, I was thinking about my Dad, now passed away, and how he had gotten me started in this fantastic "hobby".
I learned that you could have a personal web site on Geocities and that it was easy to get a free site on the internet thru them so I signed up and started to put together a couple of pages on my new "site" about how to get into ham radio and as a "Ham Help Site" and dedicated the site to my Dad!
(As a note of interest, my Mom was supporting me all the way as Mom's do in there own ways along with the rest of my family.)

Over the next year or so, with the kind assistance of various hams sharing "ham stuff" with me, I kept adding more and more Ham Radio "stuff" to it with just a bit of "Ham Humor" thrown in from time to time, and it started to get more popular as time went by until one day I received an email from one of my ham friends saying that he could not get the site to "come up".....he kept getting popups....something about it being shut down due to exceeding bandwidth limits.

I assumed Geocities was having technical problems so I did not let it worry me. This happened several times over the course of about a week....one day it would be up....the next day it would be down or up and down on the same day! Then I received an email from Geocities informing me that my web site at www.geocities.com/n4ujw was being shut down from time to time due to it exceeding their BANDWIDTH limits for a personal site!
In other words, the site was getting TOO POPULAR!

GMRS--Wqtk-711
Ham Radio--N2ATP / AE
Martin County Skywarn Advanced
Martin County Ares/Races
Cpr-First Aid-Aed
FEMA/ICS-1/2/7/800-951 Radio Inter-Op Certified
Former Firefighter (Broad Channel / Island Park)

*CLICK THE W2LIE LINK TO ACCESS OUR LIVE FEED*
Long Island Scanner Feeds (www.w2lie.net)