Author Topic: Urban Survival & Strategic Planning when Disaster Does Happen  (Read 3823 times)

Offline ipfd320

• Skywarn Spotter
  • Licensed Amateur Radio Operator
  • ARES Operator
Urban Survival & Strategic Planning when Disaster Does Happen
« on: February 23, 2019, 01:41:37 pm »

https://www.masktactical.com/urban-survival-series-part-1/

====================================================================================

This Write Up from Mask Tactical Came Out in 2015--This is a Very Informative Read and Actions
                                                                  along with Videos when Disaster Does Strike

I Am Posting a Few Paragraphs Due to the Length of the Article then The LINK to the Rest of the Article

====================================================================================

As most people in the world think they’re just going to grab their B.O.B. (Bug Out Bag) and head straight for the woods when the collapse comes. They give very little thought to how they’re going to get there in the first place. Thinking they will just grab their bags, and drive straight to their safe place. People don’t tend to talk about urban survival like they do wilderness survival, and it’s because for an urban survival situation to be real, it would mean that society has collapsed around you. It could be global, or it could be natural disasters causing chaos in your areas. We all fantasize about how society will collapse but it all comes down to one common problem, and that is hostility amongst humans.

You can prepare for any situation you think is most likely to happen. Me? I train for nothing specifically, but I train specifically for everything. Whether you believe the fall of society will come by natural disasters, economic crash, civil unrest, foreign invasion, solar flares, or diseased birds flying around infecting everyone causing the creation of the infamous zombie. It all comes down to one common thing. Everything around you will become hostile. We have seen it before, and it’s a proven fact that when bad things happen. The world goes crazy. People will be the most dangerous thing to worry about in an urban survival situation. Look at Ferguson; look at people violently pillaging their homes after a natural disaster. Humans behave like wild animals when things like this happen. When the collapse happens. It will be followed by riots; looters, mass murders, and unprepared people who will kill you in a second if they think you threaten their ability to live.

So with this thought of hostility in mind. This is why I always encourage people to look at collapse based survival in a combat perspective because you’re going to need much more than primitive hunter/gatherer skills to make it out of this kind of survival situation.

PLEASE FOLLOW THIS LINK for the REST of the ARTICLE--> https://www.masktactical.com/urban-survival-series-part-1/

GMRS--Wqtk-711
Ham Radio--N2ATP / AE
Martin County Skywarn Advanced
Martin County Ares/Races
Cpr-First Aid-Aed
FEMA/ICS-1/2/7/800-951 Radio Inter-Op Certified
Former Firefighter (Broad Channel / Island Park)

*CLICK THE W2LIE LINK TO ACCESS OUR LIVE FEED*
Long Island Scanner Feeds (www.w2lie.net)