Author Topic: solar power  (Read 4195 times)

Offline Dave

solar power
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2015, 12:29:25 pm »

that's awesome. so dave as a final conclusion to my questioning. in the end with it only getting sun half the day. is it enough to run the alarm system long term.

I have a large system (4 keypads, 3 zone expanded, 1 RF receiver,  IP module etc) so it's break even now.  If I had full sun it would be fine.  But if I add one more panel it should be fine for 2 cloudy days.

Not the best yet.  Work in progress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Lou WQVU939

• FAMILY SUBSCRIBER
  • Licensed Amateur Radio Operator
  • Military Auxiliary Radio System Operator
    • Salli and my personal site
Re: solar power
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2015, 02:33:18 pm »
Good Idea. Maybe have a small "show" where the business owners could show their wares and offer group discounts or potential commissions or references.
Lou

Ham: NO2C
GMRS: WQVU939

I reserve the right to be smarter today than I was yesterday.

Offline Solaaron

• BridgeComm Subscriber
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2015, 07:52:38 pm »
I agree with Kevin, good stuff.
Just one comment, there are probably a lot of us in the group that own our own businesses, myself included. I think the group appreciates us sharing our experiences so they don't have to make the same mistakes we already did.

Thanks.  And I totally agree that pooling all our  respective information strengthens everyone.  Sandy is actually what inspired me to get into solar...and more specifically solar as stored backup power.

Offline Solaaron

• BridgeComm Subscriber
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2015, 08:07:56 pm »
Kevin, thank you for comment, but I changed my mind about the solar generator from Solutions for Science.  With card in hand I called to order it.  Two days later I get an e-mail that the unit I ordered is good but for money I could get the best one.  I don't like that sales tactic.  I am a salesman for a lot of years and I despise the bait and switch sales tactic.  Since then I have been searching and just found  "BE PREPARED SOLAR".  The company is in Salt Lake City, PREPAREDNESS MECCA.  This unit is 5,000 watts and total is about $1400.00.  Also you can add panels to get faster charge.  It comes with two - 100 watt panels.  Am still looking into it, but it looks great and much more wattage.  They also have 10,000 watt units.  More later.  BOBT

Hi All,

I own a Solar Powered Generator company so I couldn't help chiming in.  First off, I'd like to address the obvious "conflict of interest" here first. As do most people, I like to generate business.  But I would feel pretty low if I were to get on this very well intentioned group, just to be a  slimy salesman.  I want to state first, that I'm here as a respectful member of this group to lend my professional opinion on this subject that I feel I know a lot about, plus I like talking "solar generators".  And in order to establish a little trust in this forum, I will say in regards to your post, that after reading your post, I looked up Be Prepared Solar and based on what they are appearing to sell, you ARE getting a good price for what they are giving you (assuming it's quality).  I'll go even further and say that they appear on face value to be slightly more affordable than us.  And I will also go further than that and say, you are correct sir, XANTREX seems very shady and "infomercial-ish". And I believe after you get through all their marketing smoke and mirrors, we are a better value, and definitly WAYYY more honest.  More about Be Prepared Solar:  So for $1,395 they are offering you a system with a 100 amp hour battery, a 100 watt solar panel, 30 amp charge controller and a 5000 watt SURGE capacity inverter.  In all actuality that is a 2500 Watt inverter, not 5000 watt, but it is pure sine wave (which is important).  It also comes with I believe 30 foot solar cables along with free shipping.  So all in all, as much as it pains me to say this as a competitor,  this is a pretty good deal   :'(  The only real negative thing I can say off the bat is that it looks kind home made. Not professionally manufactured.  I of course can't vouch for how it performs, but on face value, looks good in my professional opinion for what its worth.  I'm VERY familiar with all the competition, feel free to ask me any questions about any of them, I promise to be unbiased as possible.  I have studied ALL of these solar generator companies very well so I have a pretty complete understanding of who's overpriced, who's a gimick, who's junk etc.. And I'd be happy to help anyone here.  And so you know that I am not working for  Be Prepared Solar (even though I might now deserve a commission), I own the company www.Solaaron.com and for the record I still think we are the best. 

this is a lot of great info. good to have you aboard.

Thanks Kevin. Just wanna make myself useful to anyone here as I'm sure I'll be learning a lot from others as well. Great site!

*CLICK THE W2LIE LINK TO ACCESS OUR LIVE FEED*
Long Island Scanner Feeds (www.w2lie.net)